Pennsylvania Lemon Law Qualifications
New and unused motor vehicle (including a demonstrator or dealer car, but excluding a motorcycle, motor home or off-road vehicle) that:
- Is driven upon public roads, streets or highways;
- Is designed to transport not more than 15 persons;
- Was purchased or leased and is registered in Pennsylvania, or was purchased or leased in another state and was registered for the first time in Pennsylvania; and
- Is utilized, leased or bought for use primarily for personal, family or household purposes.
Does not cover used vehicles.
Purchaser and, beginning February 11, 2002, lessee of a new motor vehicle used, leased or bought for use primarily for personal, family or household purposes.
Reasonable Number Of Repair Attempts
Presumed if either of the following occurs:
- The same nonconformity has been subject to repair three times by the manufacturer, its agents or authorized dealers and the nonconformity still exists; or
- The vehicle is out-of-service by reason of any nonconformity for a cumulative total of 30 calendar days or more. (This time period is extend ed by not more than 30 additional calendar days if the repair cannot be completed by the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer by reason of war, act of terrorism, civil unrest, fire, flood, or natural disaster. This time period is extended by not more than 90 additional calendar days if the manufacturer files an affidavit with the Office of the Attorney General. These extensions apply only if the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer lends a motor vehicle to the purchaser at no charge during the extended time period while the vehicle is with the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer for repair.)
Pennsylvania Arbitration Requirements
If the manufacturer has established an informal dis pute settlement procedure that complies with 16 C.F.R. Part 703, the consumer must first re sort to the informal dispute settlement procedure before bringing a civil action.
CLICK HERE to read more about Pennsylvania Lemon Law